You may receive this error message for a couple of reasons.
1. You may already have the app installed from a previous event and the app is preventing itself from being re-installed on your account. We recommend first trying to uninstalling and re-installing the app following these steps:
1. Log into Facebook and go to your home page.
2. Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page, then click "Account Settings" in the drop down menu.
3. Click "Apps" in the left column.
4. Locate the app you would like to remove. If you do not see the app in this list, click on "Show All Apps" link at the bottom of the list.
5. Checkmark the box next to the app name.
6. Click "Remove" towards the top of the page.
7. Select the "Remove" in the pop up.
8. Find the "Fundraise on Facebook" link you received in an email, or in your Participant Center or HQ. Click on the link to re-install the app.
2. Someone else's Facebook account was logged in when the install link was selected (this is especially common if you share a computer with someone else).
The app is designed to automatically start the installation process on an open Facebook account once the install link has been selected, to make the installation process easier. If somebody else's Facebook account was open when the install link was selected then the app would install to that Facebook account. If this is the case, you will want to have the person mentioned in the error message to follow the steps outlined above to uninstall the app. Then, you can log into your account and try re-installing the app from your participation center.
If you have attempted to remove the app from Facebook, but are still seeing the error message please submit a support ticket, we will be happy to help. Please include the numerical number or name you are seeing in the error message, as well as the name of the event. We will easily reset your settings on our end.